Topic: Authentic Intelligence
No is the new yes: The importance of setting boundaries
Steve Jobs calls ‘no’ the basis of focus. Yet, 95% of the time, we choose the ‘yes’ highway. In this workshop, you will learn based on neuropsychology why it is so difficult for humans to say no. Moreover, why it is necessary to learn this in a society full of incentives and in a working week in which we seldom get our work done. We were inspired by the theories of Daniel Kahneman, Richard Thaler, Steve Peters and many top athletes to develop a toolkit that allows you to learn gradually what you want to say ‘yes’ to, what you do not respond to, and how you communicate it to others (and yourself).
Expect an in-depth, motivating workshop in which you learn to choose consciously for more autonomy, strength and mastery, with better results as a direct outcome.
What will you come away with?
- You get an insight into your personal values and those of your organization.
- You find out what you are denying yourself when you often say “yes”.
- You become aware in which way self-control and self-steering help to make you turn away from the ‘yes highway’.
- You learn how you can understand and set your own boundaries.
- You discover which beliefs make you drive on that ‘yes highway’ and how to drive off.